Thursday, February 16, 2006

Toad Murderer

Lost: Is it wrong that Sayid tortures someone and I still love him and Sawyer squishes a frog and I hate him? Seriously. I was so angry at Sawyer. I mean, he lives in a jungle. There are going to be annoying animal sounds. Deal with it. Was it supposed to be some kind of call back to when he let the boar live last season? If so, I don't think it worked. But I understood where Sayid was coming from. I know a lot of it was working through the pain of Shannon's death, but I honestly think he had a point. He's right about The Others, and Jack is kind of delusional if he thinks they can wage a war without stepping over a moral line. And I think the look they guy shot Sayid after Jack stopped Sayid from beating him pretty much affirmed the fact that he was in fact a big fat liar. I didn't find the backstory particularly compelling (they all seem to be a bit lacking this season), but I loved the fact that it featured Clancy Brown. He was great. He always brings just the right amount of creepy. And I'm going to predict right now that we're going to see him pop up again in some other character's backstory. No idea why I think that; I just do. But I also thought we'd see Robert Patrick again, so what do I know? Mostly, my opinion of this episode could best be summed up this way: Yay! A Sayid episode.

Veronica Mars: UPN decided not to air any new episodes of Veronica Mars until America's Next Top Model returns to the line up. Apparently South Beach is the worst lead in ever. On one hand, I'm glad that UPN is giving the show it's best chance to succeed. They're doing everything they can to make sure as many people as possible see the new episodes, and that's great. On the other hand, I'm ridiculously disappointed that I didn't get a new episode to watch. But at least the repeat they aired was a good one. It had so much good stuff going for it, including the return of Aaron Echolls, Joss Whedon , and a dead rat. Actually, the first time I saw this episode, I completely missed the fact that what Keith found under the seat was a dead rat, not that I thought it was something else. I just had no clue. But Joss Whedon was surprisingly great in his acting debut. Very funny stuff there, Mr. Whedon. Is there anything you can't do? Probably not, which is why I simultaneously love and hate you.

Alias spoilers: The Ausiello Report at TVGuide.com has some news that makes me ridiculously happy. If you want to know, you should just read it, but I'll tell you why it makes me so happy: it involves my #3 TV boyfriend.

No comments: