Monday, September 24, 2007

Stream of Consciousness

This morning I past by a newsstand in the train station and was confronted with Smallville's Lois Lane and Supergirl on the covers of Maxim and Stuff respectively. They were in their underwear, heavily airbrushed, and very vapid looking. I was disturbed, but not surprised.

One of the many things I love about Manhunter is that Kate Spencer wears sensible pants suits. Comic books need more sensible pants suit wearing type women.

I liked that Lois Lane wore pants suits in Superman: Birthright, which is probably my favorite Superman story ever. However, when I flipped through it last night I noticed that when Lex threw her out the window she was wearing a skirt. Ordinarily I wouldn't think twice about that sort of thing, but since I was specifically thinking about sensible pants suits, I was left wondering if there was a reason for the change.

Not that a woman can't wear a pants suit one day and a skirt the next. Personally, I would rather wear a skirt as long as I don't have to wear stockings.

I've never actually wrote about Manhunter on this blog, which is a huge oversight on my part. I've read the first three volumes and they are awesome.

I never write about Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane or my love for all things written by Jeff Parker, especially X-Men First Class. I should do that too. They are also awesome.

I planned out a series of posts on the top 10 reasons why I love X-Men First Class during lunch. Well, sort of. I figured out what the 10 reasons were. Hopefully I will actually get around to posting that one.

I plan a lot of posts that I never get around to. I am lazy.

CBR has an X-Men First Class #4 preview. Isn't Bobby Drake from Montauk? I don't remember Montauk being overrun with rednecks.

I didn't realize how much I loved Jean Grey until she was gone...again. I'd be willing to give that crappy looking, 90s-esque X-Force with Wolverine a try if Marvel would bring Jean back.

They'd have to promise never to tell another Phoenix story again though. There's no point bringing her back if they're just going to pull that crap again.

I'd probably hate Emma Frost a lot less if Jean was still around. Well, that and if she dropped the faux-British thing. The X-Men didn't need a Madonna wannabe.

I haven't done a comic book review in a while. The comics just keep piling up. I should probably just go back and review Buffy #6, except all I really have to say is that, while I think Whedon tells better stories, Brian K. Vaughn is a better writer for comics. The end result is a better comic that I care less about.

Or I'm just not as enamored of Faith as everyone else seems to be.

Faith is cool. Buffy is better.
Sugarshock is the awesomes, craziest thing ever.

I was going to write a review of "One More Day," but "slightly more readable than the previous issue" and "this still doesn't make much sense" is getting repetitive and I am bored with it.

I definitely don't feel the need to review the Green Arrow/Black Canary Wedding Special, as the internet has seen plenty of those since last Wednesday.

For the record, I found the opening scene far more troubling than the end, even though the end was pretty sucky as well. The middle was highly enjoyable though. I especially liked Superman.

I hate the fact that I am going to buy Green Arrow/Black Canary #1, just to get the explanation for what happened, even though I thought the end was fucking stupid and Judd Winick is a terrible writer, at least based on the three issues of Green Arrow I read.

I like Green Arrow and Black Canary better when written by anyone but Winick. I even like the Black Canary mini-series that everyone else seemed to hate, so why can't Tony Bedard write the Green Arrow/Black Canary series?

I watched the Legion of Superheroes and The Batman premiers this weekend.

I wasn't thrilled with The Batman's interpretation of Superman. He was kind of a dick. I liked bumbling, Christopher Reeve inspired Clark though, as well as the fact that they had George Newbern and Dana Delaney provide the voices for Clark and Lois. I was especially happy to hear Clancy Brown voicing Lex Luthor. Best Lex Luthor ever.

The redesigns for Legion of Superheroes are going to take some getting used to. I likes the young, cute versions. The episode was pretty kickass though. I can't wait for next week.

Could Brainiac 5 be any gayer for Superman? That went way beyond text. I haven't watched Superman: Doomsday yet. I look forward to really getting a feel for which is more homoerotic. Given the fact that James Marsters sexes up even non-sexual sounding stuff, I'm guessing Lex Luthor has a slight edge.

Smallville is premiering this week, but I don't think Supernatural is premiering until next week. That sucks because after sitting through Smallville, one really needs to watch something that is actually enjoyable.

No, I don't know why I still watch Smallville. I suspect there is some self-loathing involved.

I'm psyched about Heroes premiering tonight. Can't wait to see how the Petrellis make their return.

Is Kristin Bell going to be in the premier? I'm psyched about her too. Oh, and Sark from Alias is going to be on. Love him.

I love Adam Baldwin too. I hope Chuck is a great show and huge success.

I'm still mad at Nathan Fillion for signing on to do Desperate Housewives. I don't want to watch that show.

I'm going to watch Journeyman also, because Vorenus was my favorite character on Rome. I read a rumor somewhere that he might play Thor. That would be cool, as I think he can be badass and pull of the goofy language.

I have a strong suspicion that the JLA movie is going to suck. Also, I don't think Tom Welling is going to be in it, which sucks too.

Brandon Routh might be in it, which would be OK, but I'm upset that there isn't going to be a Superman Returns sequel. I wanted to see where Singer was going to take it. If this is true, then I really hope Brandon Routh is in the JLA movie, because I loved him. I might even like him better than Tom Welling.

No comments: