Friday, July 28, 2006

Who Wants to Be a Superhero?

Did you see this? It was crazy and unbelievably lame and I absolutely loved it. Pure cheese, baby. Pure cheese.

Stan Lee, of course, made the show. He's so good at selling this shit. Why the man wasn't put on television ages ago, I have no idea. The contestants are a trip though. I'm going to call the winner right now. I bet it's going to be Feedback. I know the guy failed the first test, but he takes it so seriously. He quit his job for this and he has a sob story. Apparently after his father died when he was 14, he looked to Stan Lee's creations as role models. Also, according to the Scifi.com page for his character, he absorbs his powers from videogames. Major Victory has the best catchphrase by far with "Be a winner, not a weiner!" The Iron Enforcer just has to go though. He's an ass.
Then there was this show called Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. It's British and there are no words to describe it. Well, there are, and those words would be "horror spoof." Pretty funny stuff though, especially the "not acting, but truth" of Dean Lerner.
Finally, there was the Amazing Screw-On Head pilot. Why did I never hear of this comic book? How can I find it? I'm not sure if this has actually been picked up for a series yet, but it needs to be. Emperor Zombie rules!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed "Who wants to be a Superhero" also. I think this show is going to turn out better then anyone could have thought.

Look at the first challenge. They thought they were in a race but it actually was about helping that lost,little girl. It really was a great behavioral experiment. I mean, take away the goofy costumes and you have a bunch of people who want to be heroes. So, put them in situation where they can do just that and see if they stack up.

In reality people can't fly or have super strength. A real "superhero" couldn't do much more then be someone who helps regular people in need. That was the perfect challenge for them. I think this will be a good social experiment.

I reminds me of the hidden camera test some news show did a couple of months ago where there was a little girl on the street and an undercover cop would grab her and start pulling her away and she would yell "help, you're not my daddy." they wanted to see if anyone would stop and help the child. every time they did it people just walked by, until about the tenth time. Then the cop had to hurry and pull is ID out and point out the hidden cameras, before three guys almost beat the shit out of him.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»