Tuesday, June 06, 2006

666

Well, today is a very special day, and I thought long and hard about how to celebrate this date -- 06/06/06. After contemplating several different ways to commemorate the day, I finally settled on my...

TOP 5 SIGNS OF THE POP CULTURE APOCALYPSE

5. Smallville fucks up Zod - Everyone said that Zod was Smallville proof. Not even Millar & Gough could fuck that up. Well everyone was wrong. First they copped out and, in a move that screamed "We've run out of money to pay guest stars with," employed a stupid plot angle where Lex gets possessed by Zod. Then they had General Zod, a being with nothing but contempt for all humanity, make out with Lana fucking Lang on a roof top. Congratulations Millar & Gough!
4. FOX cancels Arrested Development - I know it has been months since this happened. I know the show had a chance to continue on Showtime and the creator and executive producer turned it down. I know I am still bitterly upset about it.

3. James Blunt - I don't give a crap about his other songs. Never heard 'em, but for "You're Beautiful," he needs to go down. When I am Supreme Empress of the Universe, James Blunt is the first to go in front of the firing squad. Watch the video and feel my pain.

2. This - OK, maybe it's not a sure sign of the Pop Culture Apocalypse, but it's been giving me nightmares for days.
1. The CW gives a last minute reprieve to Seventh Heaven - This was an act of nothing but pure evil, and after watching last night's series (*sniff sniff*) finale of Everwood, I am more convinced of this fact than ever. The end is nigh people. The end is nigh.

No comments: