Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sometimes, The Internet Sucks

First of all, I already wrote a really long post that I totally lost. Stupid internet. Now I have to rewrite almost the whole thing. Well, here goes...
Veronica Mars: Oh Veronica, how I have missed you. It's been 6 weeks, but it seems like 6 years. OK, enough of that. It was another really strong episode. I could have done without the chick from Laguna Beach, but compared to Paris Hilton, she's freaking Meryl Streep. I didn't think the mystery of the week was as good as others, but it's always good to see Veronica helping the outsiders. We see her do quite a few unethical things, so it's always good to see that she uses her powers for good. I'm far more comfortable with Logan and Hannah now. Maybe it's because the relationship has been placed in such ambiguous territory. I don't know whether I think Logan was lying or not when he said that he didn't know who Hannah's father was when he met her at the fair, but I will say that she's certainly Logan's type. Guy likes petite blondes, and I think if we get to know Hannah more, she might turn out to be pretty tough. I guess part of me is rooting for the couple a little bit. Huh. Who knew? Veronica is so going to let him have it though, so I'm thinking we might actually get a better idea of where Logan really stands. Also in this episode, Cooke was exonerated and then further implicated. Personally, I think the fact that the explosives seem to point mostly towards Cooke pretty much exonerates him right there. It's too early in the season. If I were Keith and Veronica, I'd be looking into Woody Goodman. It was his hangar after all. Finally, is it wrong that I love Sheriff Lamb? I guess, to be more accurate, I love to hate him. I'm actually surprised that he didn't back down. I guess Cooke is going to be spending some time in jail. Wonder if he'll share a cell with Aaron Echolls. I do hope Veronica and Keith don't go to Lamb about the explosives. If they do, the investigation will be over and Cooke will get railroaded, even more than he already is. Wait. What am I talking about? Since when do the Marses bring something to the police that they can deal with so much better on their own? Thank God Neptune has them, otherwise the jails would be filled with innocent people.
Bones: Adam Baldwin! I love him. But you already know that. First thing's first though. David Boreanaz is adorable. As much as I would prefer to have Angel back, he's perfect as Seely Booth. It's so nice to see him in a role where he gets to joke around and smile, and the Foreigner scene illustrated that perfectly. Pure Boreanaz. But I have to admit, there was a bit of Angel in this episode too, particularly when he was all jealous over Bones's internet date. Speaking of her date, they were supposed to meet at a restaurant named Nolita. That was the same name as the restaurant in Kitchen Confidential. Nice shout out to a good show that was cancelled before its time, and yet another Whedonverse connection as it co-starred Nicholas Brendon. But back to Adam Baldwin. It wasn't a great role, but I have to give him credit for not betraying any of the character's ultimately sinister intentions. No mustache twirling for him. He's too good for that. The episode did leave me with a question though. What was up with hearing Henry Fonda's monologue from The Grapes of Wrath at the end? It didn't really seem to fit with the episode, though I suppose its intention was as a general comment on the characters. Whatever. I don't even think The Grapes of Wrath was the movie that we saw on the television screen, at least it wasn't that scene.
Justice League Unlimited: I forgot to comment on this last weekend. I won't go into too much detail about it now, but, as usual, I loved it. And as usual, the Whedonverse is well represented among the voice talent with Juliet Landau as Tala, Gina Torres as Vixen, Morena Baccarin as Black Canary, and Amy Acker as The Huntress. The Huntress is one of my favorites. She's so cool, and she and The Question make the best couple. So, with that in mind, here's a bit of my favorite quotage:
The Question: AHA! Just as I suspected. 32 flavors.
The Huntress: There's something wrong here, Q. I can feel it.
The Question: I'm the conspiracy theorist, and even I don't see anything.
The Huntress: So, what are you wearing?
The Question: Blue overcoat. Fedora.
The Huntress: You really suck at this.
The Question: Orange socks.
It's the orange socks that kill me. *sigh* I love The Question.
Finally, I leave you with a very important question. Whedonesque posted a link to a Buffy versus Batman poll. But as is usual with these polls, the most interesting thing is what people have to say about it, including Joss Whedon himself (just scroll down). (The dirty tease doesn't give anything away though.) Regarding his comments, I'd just like to say, it's not that my priorities are out of place. It's just that I'm still contemplating the great caveman versus astronaut debate. But to turn my attention to the question at hand, my initial instinct was that Batman would win no contest. But then I put some more thought into it and there are just too many variables. Why are they fighting? Is it just to see who would win? Is Buffy somehow trying to protect Dawn? Is it Buffy before or after she died? Is it pre or post crisis Batman? Is it Frank Miller's Batman? Do they have any prior knowlege of eachother before the meet in battle? Are they using weapons and/or gadgets? What about magic? Does Buffy think Batman is hot? I just need to know more details before I draw any conclusions.
OK, I am finally done. For the second time. Now I am off to watch the episode of Supernatural I recorded, much later than originally intended. But there's really no better way to end a long day than by watching pretty boys battle the occult.

No comments: