Thursday, October 11, 2007

Meh.

Alex Ross has designed the new Captain America.


I am not really happy about the gun. Also, the ultra shiny and the black so do not go together. It looks slightly better in Epting's not so shiny version:



I still don't like the black, or the gun. I want Steve back. I don't want a stupid time travel story though. I want them to unkill him. Captain America just doesn't mean the same thing if he's not Steve. Bucky can continue to be awesome as Bucky. He doesn't need to be Cap. Neither does Hawkeye, even though being Ronin is lame.

Whatever. I'm going to be petulant about this for a while. Also, unimpressed. Seriously? Why the black? It's ugly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you remember Ross used a similar design when he tried to redo Spidy's costume for the first movie. He must have a thing about haveing something on a guys chest pointing down at his junk.

Scout said...

Yeah, I remembered that after I made this post. I noticed that the design on his chest was pointing to his junk too. I just decided not refrain from saying anything...which is so unlike me.

For a guy so obsessed with the Gold and Silver Ages of comics, Ross certainly likes to change things.