Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Random Other Comics Stuff

IGN had this Spidey related article up, which I thought was interesting and decided to share: IGN: Spider-Man Editor Roundtable. Often, when I read statements from Marvel or interviews about Spider-Man, I am left feeling angry and very much like I want to punch someone in the throat. This didn't make me feel that way (and yes, I am working on my fan entitlement related rage issues). Maybe I'm just so excited about all things Spidey right now that nothing can bother me. I do think it's a bit pointless for all the editors to be so coy about whether or not Spider-Man is going to be driven to kill someone. The whole point of "Back in Black" is Spidey going off to seek revenge on the person ultimately responsible for May getting shot. We know that that person is Kingpin and we know from stories that take place later in continuity that Kingpin is not dead. I suppose Spidey could kill the actual gunman, in which case, expect my rage issues to come into play.

And since I'm just linking to stuff, here's some Spidey related sites I've been feeding my Spidey related high with lately: SpiderFan.org and Spidey Kicks Butt.

In non-Spidey stuff, Newsarama has previews of some of DC's July comics. I was already planning on picking up the Black Canary mini series, but with Killer Elvises in the first issue, it's pretty much a must have. I mean, Killer Elvises. What's not to like? It's just too bad the villains for the whole series won't be Killer Elvises. As for Green Arrow: Year One, I'm not too sure about it. I thought Ollie got stranded on a deserted island. What's with the arctic setting? And it looks like he and that guy he's with are making snow angels in the last panel on the third page.

Finally, I think I have decided that "Scout Attacks!" is going to be the name of my weekly comic reviews post. It's lame, but I kind of like it. And finally, just because it is cool, I give you the Ramones performing the theme song from the 60's Spider-Man cartoon.



No comments: