Thursday, April 06, 2006

Shocker

OK, I think that was the best Veronica Mars episode of the season. I don't even know what else to say. It was just so good. Here's some stuff that I thought was interesting:
  • Something is seriously weird with Woody Goodman. That workout room scene with him and Logan was just bizarre. Is he gay? (I can't be the only person that thought that.) Is he responsible for the bus accident? Is he gay and responsible for the bus accident? Keith has that footage from Goodman's house now. Since Goodman wanted it back so badly, it must have some sort of clue on it. Oh, maybe it doesn't have anything to do with Goodman. Maybe there is some sort of scandal involving his super annoying daughter. I seriously do not like her (and neither does Logan, hehe).
  • There was a lot of couple stuff this episode. I am really sad for Mack and Beaver. They were such a cute couple, but they were taken away from us so quickly (though I have a suspicion from previous episodes that Beaver is scheming something, so maybe Mack is better off keeping a distance from him.) I wonder what's up with Beaver anyway. It seems like it is about more than just his lack of experience. Poor Mack looked so heartbroken when he dumped her. Then there was the Wallace, Jackie and Jane triangle. I have to say, Jackie has proven herself to have a lot of integrity. Wallace was just plain wrong, but he was just being a normal teenage guy. At least he did end up doing the right thing by breaking up with Jane, but good for Jackie for not immediately taking him back. She is trying to be a better person and she is trying to show people that she is a better person than they think she is. She does not need that break up on her conscience. I also wanted to point out that Jackie's asking Charlie to the dance was very reminiscent of Lindsey asking Eli to the dance in the Freaks and Geeks pilot, a show Rob Thomas is admittedly a huge fan of. And in final couple news, there were definite sparks between Logan and Veronica when they danced. I think there may have even been an almost kiss. I don't know how I feel about this, but it was worth pointing out. I didn't really believe that those two were done with eachother anyway. I actually really liked the Logan and Hannah relationship though, and I do think that that will be revisited at some point as well.
  • Logan was in fine form this episode. (Except when he was wearing another argyle sweater. Did he decide to start wearing the clothes that Duncan left behind? The Slacker t-shirt and blazer combo was much better.) I loved that he won the essay contest by stealing lines from Easy Rider. I'm just curious as to what his new scheme is. I do not believe that he would even bother with the essay contest without some ulterior motive. Unless the contest was mandatory participation. I wasn't clear on that. Anyway, I sincerely believe that he has bigger plans for that Woody Goodman signature stamp than commandeering Lamb's parking space. However, I could see how messing with Lamb could be a noble cause in and of itself.
  • Weevil. Weevil. Weevil. If only he had had a little more patience. I cannot say that I don't understand why he did what he did though. It really seemed as though Lamb not only did not care to listen to Weevil and Veronica and their evidence, but that he had no interest in actually finding Felix's killer. Still, I'm a fan of the whole due process thing. Also, I can't help but think that Thumper's death is going to come back to haunt them all later, and that he possibly died knowing something about the bus accident.
  • The end. Chilling.

Overall, just a truly amazing episode that utilized so many characters so well and advanced every plot. I am not surprised in the least that this show could produce such and astounding episode, but that does not make me any less appreciative.

Finally, with regard to last week's episode, I have a prediction for season 3. The big season 3 mystery will be the rapes at Hearst College. Now everyone watch next Tuesday at 9 o'clock so that we get a season 3. Note the schedule change. Don't forget.

No comments: