Sunday, January 06, 2008

Geeky Stuff I Bought This Weekend

In addition to the usual haul of comic books, I also got this stuff:

Awesome movie. I've seen it already, so I listened to 2 of the audio commentaries first. The only thing geekier than the Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg commentary is the Edgar Wright and Quentin Tarantino commentary. The Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg commentary talks about how Wright would direct Pegg to "Marvelize" his performance by exaggerating his eyebrows like a Ditko drawing and references Norman Osborne's widow's peak. I now have a crush on Edgar Wright.

Can you believe I did not have a copy of this on DVD? Clearly, my life was incomplete and that needed to be rectified.
I mostly bought this for Ollie, but the Ultra Humanite was an added bonus. I love him on JLU. The Supergirl figure is kind of lame though.

Isn't that the cutest little Cyclops you ever did see? I seem to be building up a collection of Cyclops figures. When I was looking for this picture, I found that there's a set with Wolverine and Phoenix. I have no interest in owning a Wolverine figure, but since they never seem to make Marvel Girl figures, I need the Phoenix one. It would make the perfect mascot for my car.

This is my favorite though:

She's so pretty. It was right above the Buffy comics in the shop and I just couldn't resist. Sometimes I think the guys at the comic book shop do that to me on purpose. I haven't decided whether or not to take her out of the box yet. (Yes, I do do that on occasion.)

No comments: