Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Best. News. Ever.

Joss Whedon is going to take over writing Runaways after Brian K. Vaughn leaves. I had actually hoped this would happen, which is what kept me from being completely devastated when I heard that BKV and Adrian Alphona were leaving the book after issue # 24. This is just so cool. I read about it late last night and I got entirely too happy. What can I say? I am a total Joss Whedon fangirl. I would not have even discovered Runaways if it wasn't for him since I had never heard of the title until I read that it was Whedon's favorite.
Joss, of course, has some interesting and entertaining stuff to say about taking over the titles. He also made some comments over at Whedonesque.com (scroll down and you'll find all three). This is what a big fangirl I am. Even Whedon talking about Runaways delights and entertains me, but when he's joking about jockeys hitting eachother with baseball bats, putting Molly on Planet Hulk, and how he's going to kill half the team, it's hard not to love the guy. Also, putting Molly on Planet Hulk isn't such a bad idea, though I'd rather see her beat up Wolverine. (But Whedon's got Wolvie acting all Victorian and wussy over in Astonishing X-Men, so I'm happy for now.) I'm excited about putting the Runaways on the run again too. This is going to be so cool, and anyone who isn't reading this book should deffinitely catch themselves up by next April so that everyone can share in my joy.
In unrelated, but still comic booky news, I think I may have found the very first Manga title that I am interested in checking out. Return to Labyrinth sounds pretty cool, and I would really love to know if the Goblin King can possibly be as cool in print as he was when brought to life by David Bowie. I have no idea if the too tight pants, crazy big hair, and disturbingly sexual nature of his performance can be captured on the page, but I really want to find out. I suspect it will involve a lot of inappropriate, yet essentially harmless touching.

No comments: